after quite an adventure, we are home. we took our first long family trip, this past week, to chicago and then to michigan. i am now trying to settle back in and catch up. while we were gone, i learned many things: - it really sucks to be "those people" on the airplane. and by those people i mean the ones with the screaming and crying baby. the bird did not take her nap, wanted to get down off our laps and was a very unhappy camper all the way around. it was miserable.
- i do not like large crowds that much anymore. being in chicago was a lot of fun and we did some great exploring but i really could do without the large crowds in the train and on the streets.
- it actually isn't a bad thing to be in a hotel room with a baby who goes to sleep earlier than i do. i actually went to bed with her some nights in order to help catch up on some sleep.
- the bird has a crazy weird internal alarm clock that went off at 5:30 am chicago time (4:30 colorado time) and 5:30 michigan time (3:30 colorado time). hence my need for extra sleep.
- outside of our sleeping issues, the bird is a wonderful little adventurer and explorer. she was in great spirits and seemed to really enjoy all of the new sites.- channing loves jumping on beds in hotel rooms :).
- channing LOVES the water.
- i love trader joe's. never been to one as we are without here in colorado.
- i am way too focused on getting the bird on a perfect schedule. i already knew this but really came to realize it while away on this trip. i truly need to learn to relax and go with the flow. sometimes, a nap is just not going to happen and instead of trying to force it i need to realize that it isn't the end of the world and channing will be ok.
- luc's family in michigan is just wonderful. again, something i already knew but really appreciated while we were there visiting. they have great big loving hearts and just welcomed us right in. they are amazing people and i wish we lived closer to them.
- channing is great at sharing. she hasn't been around a lot of kids but she did awesome with her cousins and played so well.
- being at luc's family's home made me realize how much i miss being in the country. i love the quiet and the slower pace. the land to roam around on and the animals to befriend. it was my favorite part of our trip.
- i love our home :)
a break from the crying for a little peekaboo!